Location of the conference
The conference will take place at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences:
9 Széchenyi István square (Széchenyi István tér 9.) (click to see the location on google maps)
Please notice that the wine & cheese on Monday evening will take place on the first floor of Rényi Institute, 13-15 Reáltanoda street, District 5, H-1053, Budapest.
Please check the Covid-19 information page about restrictions related to the coronavirus pandemic. Please also note that the FINA World Championships (swimming) is in Budapest, during the date of the conference, hence it is worth reserving accommodation in due time.
Bus 100E is a direct bus line connecting the airport with the city center (more information). For the invited speakers: for your hotels, the best is to get off at Astoria when you arrive. Please notice that when you leave, the bus stops only at Deák Ferenc tér and Kálvin tér.
Please notice that the only official taxi company at the airport is Főtaxi. You can find information ordering a taxi at the airport here. We suggest you not to accept any offers from the unofficial taxi drivers inside the terminal, but to order a taxi from Főtaxi at their information point, which is in front of the terminal, outside.
There is a shuttle service called Airport Shuttle. The Airport shuttle picks you up together with 4-5 other passengers and takes you to the given address, but you may not be the first to get to your destination. You may buy your minibus ticket at the counter in the arrival hall (ATM's and exchange bureaus are available at the airport) or online.
In Budapest, there is a great variety of public transport: underground (metro), buses, trams, even trolleys. For more information on schedules or night services see the page of BKK Zrt. (Budapest Transport Center).
In Budapest, the prices are fixed for all taxi companies. Take one belonging to a taxi company (e.g. Fotaxi which is also the official airport-city transfer company). You can also use the Bolt application to order a taxi.
Hungary has been an EU member since 2004 and Schengen Area member since December 2007. Our country applies the Schengen legislation in full. For details on entry and stay rules visit the relevant Ministry of Foreign Affairs homepage.
Our currency is Hungarian Forints (HUF). For exchange rates see the page of the Hungarian National Bank.
Check the weather forecast for the next 7 days.
Some links about Budapest and Hungary
Some suggestions for leasure activities:
1. The exhibition of the Museum of Fine Arts: Between Hell and Paradise. The Enigmatic World of Hieronymus Bosch https://www.mfab.hu/exhibitions/between-hell-and-paradise-the-enigmatic-world-of-hieronymus-bosch/
2. Hungarian National Museum : The Seuso treasure - https://mnm.hu/en/exhibitions/permanent/seuso-treasure-splendour-roman-pannonia
3. House of Parliament : Visitor Centre: https://www.parlament.hu/en/web/visitors
5. The Buda Castle District: https://www.budapestinfo.hu/the-buda-castle-district
6. St. Stephen's Basilica: https://www.bazilika.biz/en
7. Aquincum Museum and Archaeological Park: http://www.aquincum.hu/en/